(Approved for use 28 May 2008)
Scope | |
The Koch collection contains literary and muscial manuscripts and printed material collected by Frederick R. Koch. The general cataloging policies for monographs
The size boundaries are:
- up to 25 cm. high
- up to 23 cm. wide
- between 26 and 37 cm. high
- over 23 and up to 31 cm. wide
- over 37 cm. high
- over 31 cm. wide
The following guidelines are used when marking volumes for Koch.
NOTE: Do not mark call number on original wrappers.
- Mark on the Beinecke Koch bookplate when
there is one, generally in the bottom center. "Beinecke Library" is not needed on the bookplate.
- Mark on verso of last page,
lower right hand corner, when 1 or 2 don't apply. The lower left hand
corner is the alternate location when the lower right hand corner is unusable. Mark complete call number, including "Beinecke Library".
- If the last page is unmarkable
(e.g. too dark or shiny or filled with text or illustrations), mark the
verso of the first usable page from the end.
Subject, genre, bibliographic citations, and added tracings
- Koch is classed as a name collection
and uses a sequential number for monographs and serials.
Return to top
- Personal, topical and corporate
subjects are always assigned.
- Make appropriate genre headings
- Make appropriate copy specific
notes and local tracings for provenance.
- Always cite the correct page in the Koch bibliography:
||‡a Catalogue of the Frederick R. Koch Collection, ‡c p. 175
- Make an ex libris note, with the FRKF number from the bibliography, and tracing for Frederick R. Koch:
||‡a BEIN Koch 6: From the Frederick R. Koch Collection, FRKF 4321.
||‡a Koch, Frederick R. ‡q (Frederick Robinson) ‡x Ownership.