Stack Reference Collection
(Approved for use 10 January 2000)
The Stack Reference Collection is one of the two Beinecke collections that use Library of Congress call numbers.
The size boundaries for Stack Reference Collection materials are:
- up to 25 cm. high
- up to 23 cm. wide
- Quarto (for instructions on oversize call numbers, see Past and Current Practices for Oversize LC Call Numbers):
- between 25 and 37 cm. high
- over 23 and up to 27 cm. wide
- over 37 cm. high
- over 27 cm. wide
The following guidelines are used when marking volumes in the Stack Reference Collection:
1. Mark on verso of t.p. when there is one
2. Mark on back cover, lower right hand corner, when there is no title page, unless cover is too dark
3. Mark on last page, lower right hand corner, when 1 or 2 don't apply
The lower left hand corner is the alternate location when the lower right hand corner is unusable.
Paperbound monographs and serials are put into Gaylords or into folders and boxes. Classification must be oversize if folders and boxes are used.
The Stack Reference Collection uses the Library of Congress classification scheme. (LC) is used under the call numbers except in classes D, PA-PZ, Q.