YALE UNIVERSITY GEOSPATIAL NEWS
ArcGIS Software Update:
Yale has recently recieved ESRI's new ArcGIS version 9.1. Yale's
site license allows computer laboratories and Yale owned computers
to run this new version of the software. There are many new tools
and the Network Analyst extension has been added to ArcGIS as well.
For more information on new features of ArcGIS 9.1, see the ESRI
If you would like to obtain ArcView 3.3 or ArcGIS 9.1, then you
may do so by downloading the installation software from www.yale.edu/software
(only faculty and staff access; only floating license version) or
checking out the Software at the GIS Service at the Yale Map Collecion.
There are requirements to protect the liscense agreement:
- You must be a student, faculty, professor, or affiliated with
Yale (not just anybody can check out the Software).
- If you are affiliated with Yale then you must abide by the site
liscense agreement. Basically, the site license stipulates that
the software can only be installed on Yale-owned computers. Installations
on personal computers is not allowed.
- Although ArcView 3x does not require much space on a personal
computer, ArcGIS 9.1 requires a faster and more powerful computer.
ArcGIS 9.1 system requirements as suggested by ESRI
- Platform PC-Intel
- Operating System Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6a (or) Windows
2000 (or)Windows XP (Home Edition and Professional)
- Memory 128 MB RAM
- Processor 450 MHz
- Same as above except for item(s) identified below:
- Memory 256 MB RAM (or higher)
- Processor 650 MHz (or higher)
- Fast Disk (e.g., SCSI)
- OpenGL card for use of ArcGIS 3D Analyst