Some basic sources for maps of the Revolutionary
- Harley, J. B. Mapping the American Revolutionary War. Chicago:
University of Chicago Press, 1978.
- Map Coll. Ref. GA405.5 +H37 (LC)
- Nebenzahl, Kenneth. A Bibliography of Printed Battle Plans of
the American Revolution, 1775-1795. Chicago: University of Chicago
- Map Coll. Ref. Z6026 H6 N33 (LC)
- Guthorn, Peter J. British Maps of the American Revolution.
Monmouth Beach, NJ: P. Freneau Press, 1972.
- Map Coll. Ref. GA405.5 +G82 (LC)
- Guthorn, Peter J. American Maps and Map Makers of the American
Revolution. Monmouth Beach, NJ: Philip Freneau Press, 1966.
- Map Coll. Ref. GA405.5 +G8 (LC)
- Atlas of Early American History: The Revolutionary Era, 1760-1790.
Ed. Lester J. Cappon. Princeton University Press, 1976.
- SML Ref. Folio G1201 S3 A8 1976 (LC)
- Marshall, Douglas W. Campaigns of the American Revolution: An
Atlas of Manuscript Maps. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press,
- SML Ref. G1201 S3 +M25 1976 (LC)
- Wheat, James C. Maps and Charts Published in America before 1800:
A Bibliography. Rev. ed. London: Holland Press, 1978.
- Map Coll. Ref. Z6027 A5 W68 1978 (LC)
- Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750-1789:
A Guide to the Collections in the Library of Congress. Comp. John
R. Sellers. Washington: Library of Congress, 1981.
- Map Coll. Ref. Z6027 N68 L52 1981 (LC)
- Clark, David S. Index to Maps of the American Revolution in Books
and Periodicals Illustrating the Revolutionary War and Other Events
of the Period 1763-1789. Washington, 1969.
- Map Coll. Ref. Z6026 H6 +C55 (LC) (Also SML Z6027 U5 C57 (LC)
Verner, Cooley. "Maps of the Yorktown Campaign, 1780-1781; A Preliminary
Checklist of Printed and Manuscript Maps Prior to 1800," in R. V. Tooley,
The Mapping of America. London: Holland Press, 1980, pp. 217-277.
Map Coll. Ref. Z6027 A5 T66 (LC)
Collections | Online Maps
| GIS | What's New |
Links | Yale
© 2000 Yale University Library
© 2000 Yale University Map Collection. All rights reserved.
Last updated August 9, 2000.