Some basic sources on the history of cartography.
- The History of Cartography. Edited by J.B. Harley and David
Woodward. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1987-
- Vol. 1: Cartography in Prehistoric, Ancient, and Medieval Europe
and the Mediterranean.
- Vol. 2, bk. 1: Cartography in the Traditional Islamic and South
- Vol. 2, bk. 2: Cartography in the Traditional East and Southeast
- Map Coll. Ref. GA201 +H53 1987 (LC); also in CCL
- Bagrow, Leo. History of Cartography. 2d ed. Chicago: Precedent
- Map Coll. Ref. GA201 +B3413 1985 (LC); also in CCL
- Crone, G. R. Maps and Their Makers: An Introduction to the History
of Cartography. 5th ed. Hamden, CT: Archon, 1978.
- Map Coll. Ref. GA201 +C76 1978 (LC)
- Tooley, R. V. Maps and Map-makers. 7th ed. London: Batsford,
- Map Coll. Ref. GA201 T6 1987 (LC)
- Wilford, John Noble. The Mapmakers. New York: Knopf, 1981.
- Map Coll. Ref. GA105.3 W49 1981 (LC)
Collections | Online
Maps | GIS | What's
New | Links | Yale
© 2000 Yale University Library
© 2000 Yale University Map Collection. All rights reserved.
Last updated August 10,