Frequently Asked Questions
- What time is the mail sorted into the mailboxes?
- Normally you can pick up your mail by 10:00 a.m. Sometimes because of volume it is a bit later.
- Can we buy personal postage from the mail room?
- No. We will provide prices and offer suggestions but we cannot sell postage for private use.
- What happens to overnight (FEDEX, UPS) packages that come to the SML mailroom?
- We try our best to deliver these priority packages to the addressee as soon as the package is signed for. At the very least we will contact the addressee by telephone and/or e-mail.
- Which is better to use, UPS or the Post Office?
- Each case is different but the general rule of thumb is that the more you care about a package the more inclined you should be to use UPS. Depending upon the weight and destination UPS can even be cheaper and quicker. Call us with specific questions, we'll be glad to help you out. For a chart on overnight service comparisons check out our Leonard's Guide page.
- How can I get items and books moved from library to library?
- Give us a call at 432-6766 and we'll help you find a solution.
- Does SML use FEDEX?
- No, we're sorry but we don't have an account with FEDEX.
- How can I ship a package overnight from SML?
- We UPS Next Day Air and 2nd Day Air. Call us with your questions.
- What time do you stop shipping?
- We close out our UPS manifest at 3 o'clock. If you have a letter or package that needs processing near or after that time call us and we'll accommodate you as best we can.
- What is our delivery address here at Sterling Memorial Library?
- Your Name
Sterling Memorial Library, Yale University
Mail to: Sterling Memorial Library, Yale University, P.O. Box 208240, New Haven, CT 06520-8240
Ship to: 130 Wall Street, New Haven, CT 06511 (Fedex or UPS, for example)
- What time do you stop mailing?
- Right up until we close at 4:30 p.m.