VI. GUIDES TO NEWSPAPERS AND PERIODICALS
- Blake, David. Periodicals from Africa: a bibliography and union list
of periodicals published in Africa. First supplement. Boston, Mass.: G.K.
- SML Reference Z3503 +T73 Suppl. (LC)
Supplements earlier work by Carole Travis.
- Newspapers in microform. Foreign countries. Ed. by the Catalog Publication
Division, Library of Congress]. Washington: Library of Congress, 1948/72-
- SML Reference Z6945 +U555 (LC)
- Travis, Carole. Periodicals from Africa: a bibliography and union list
of periodicals published in Africa. Boston: G. K. Hall, c1977.
- SML Reference Z3503 +T73 (LC)
- U.S. Library of Congress. African Section. Sub-Saharan Africa: A guide
to serials. Washington, DC: Government Printing Office, 1970.
- A bibliography of some 4000 journals relating to Africa south of the Sahara
published in Western languages or in African languages that use the Roman
alphabet. Listing is alphabetical, with title, language and place of publication,
date of first issue, frequency, and Library of Congress holdings noted for
each entry. Does not include newspapers.
- The Cooperative
African Newspapers Project has a more current guide to
specific newspapers in US libraries.