X. LIBRARY CATALOGS
- American Geographical Society of New York. Library. Research Catalogue. Boston: G. K. Hall, 1962. 15v. First Supplement. 1972.4v.
- SML Reference Z 6009 +A45
Volume 11 contains entries for Africa.
- Amistad Research Center. Manuscript and other holdings about Africa. New Orleans, La.: The Center, 
- SML Z3509 +A78X 1984 (LC)
- CAMP catalog. 1985 Cumulative edition. Chicago: Cooperative Africana Microform Project and the Center for Research Libraries, 1985.
- SML, Microform Desk Z3509 +C675 (LC)
Entries in the catalog are available online via the Center for Research Libraries' Online Catalog.
- Great Britain. Colonial Office. Library. Catalogue of the Colonial Office Library. London. Boston, G. K. Hall, 1964. 15 v. First Supplement, 1963-1967. 1967.
- SML Reference Z921 +L388 (LC)
This catalog contains books, pamphlets, reports, official publications, periodicals and periodical articles from the mid-seventeenth century to the present. Separate author and subject listings.
- Harvard University. African history and literatures. classification schedule: classified listing of call number, chronological listing, author and title listing.
- Widener Library Shelf list, no.34. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1971.
- SML Reference Z3509 +H37 (LC)
The classified listing serves as a subject arrangement to some 20,000 titles on African history in the Harvard Library.
Now included in Harvard's OPAC.
- London. University. School of Oriental and African Studies. Library. Library Catalogue. Boston: G. K. Hall, 1963.
- 28v. First Supplement. 1968. 16v. Second Supplement. 1973. 16v.
- SML Reference Z3990+L65
Volume 15 in the main set and volume 8 in each supplement contain subject entries for Africa.
- Melville J. Herskovits Library. Catalogue of the Melville J. Herkovits Library of African Studies. Boston: G. K. Hall, 1972. 8v. First Supplement. 6v.
- SML Reference Z3501 +N67 (LC) "The Library contains most of the older and current monographs and almost complete files of the relevant scholarly journals as well as a great volume of official publications of the former colonial governments and the independent nations." (Introduction). The collection is particularly strong for tropical Africa, while material from North Africa and South Africa has been chosen more selectively. This catalog also includes material included in the Joint Acquisitions List of Africana, to which Yale contributes.
Online Northwestern University Library catalog now contains all Africana records.
- Moorland-Spingarn Research Center. A catalogue of the African collection in the Moorland Foundation, Howard University Library. Washington, D.C.:
- Published for The Moorland Foundation and The Program for African Studies by Howard University Press, 1958.
- Beinecke JWJ Zan P833 958C
- Paris. Musee de l'Homme. Biliotheque. Catalogue systematique de la section Afrique. Boston: G. K. Hall, 1970. 2v.
- SML Reference Z3509 +P37 (LC)
These two volumes contain cards for the materials in the African section in call number order, which is primarily a geographical arrangement. Periodical articles are included.
- Royal Commonwealth Society. Library. Subject catalogue of the Library of the Royal Empire Society, formerly Royal Colonial Institute. London: Royal Empire Society, 1930-1937. 4 v.
- SML Reference Z7164 C7 +R694
Volume 1 contains entries for Africa.
- _____. Subject Catalogue of the Royal Commonwealth Society, London. Boston: G. K. Hall, 1971. 6v.
- SML Reference Z7164 C7 +R69S
Volume 3: Africa: West Africa, East Africa, volume 4: Africa: Noncommonwealth Africa, Including Former Foreign Colonies, Republic of South Africa, Other Southern African Countries. Arrangement is by broad geographical area and country, with topical subdivisions. Periodical articles and government documents, as well as book material, are included.
- Stanford University. Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace. The library catalogs of the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace, Stanford University; catalog of the Western language collections. Boston, G. K. Hall, 1969.63 v. First Supplement. 1972. 5v.
- SML Reference Z881 +S69 (LC)
Send comments about this web site to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: 13 September 2000
�1996 Yale University Library