- Bhatt, Purnima Mehta. Scholar's
guide to Washington, D.C for African studies. Washington: Smithsonian
Institution Press, 1980.
- SML Z3501 B48 (LC)
- Cook, Chris. The making of
modern Africa: a guide to archives. New York: Facts on File, c 1995.
- SML Reference Z3508 H5 C66X 1995
- Duignan, Peter. Handbook of
American resources for African studies. Stanford, Calif.: Hoover
Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace, Stanford University, 1967.
- SML Reference Z3501 D849 (LC)
- Guide to the sources of the
history of the nations. B. Africa. Zug, Inter Documentation [c1970-1983]
- SML Reference CD941 G85 (LC)
Prepared by the International Council on Archives, each volume describes
the resources relating to African history to be found in a particular
area or country. Devoted to primarily to public and private archive
repositories, but also takes into account materials in libraries and
- Guides to materials for West
African history European archives. London: Athione Press, 1962-
- SML Reference CD1000 G85 (LC)
- Henige, David P. A union list
of Africana archival materials in microform. 2nd ed. [Madison, Wisc.:
University of Wisconsin?], 1984.
- SML Z3509 +H46 1984 (LC)
- Pearson, J. D. A guide to
manuscripts and documents in the British Isles relating to Africa.
London, England; New York: Mansell, 1993-
- SML Reference Room CD1048 AS
M37 1993 (LC)
- South, Aloha. Guide to non-federal
archives and manuscripts in the United States relating to Africa.
London; New York: H. Zell Publishers, 1988. 2 v.
- SML Reference CD3002 S68 1989
- _____. South, Aloha. Guide
to Federal archives relating to Africa. [Waltham, Mass.: African
Studies Association, 1977].
- SML Reference Z3509 +S67 (LC)