Live Database - covers macroeconomic, social, and sectoral data for individual
countries as well as twenty regional groupings. Special features include data
benchmarking, charting, and ranking. Requires registration (free) and Microsoft
Word & Excel.
- Africa South of the Sahara - single best one-stop print source for reliable, accurate
overview information. (Call no. DT351 +A37; held at SML, CCL, SSL)
- African Statistical
Yearbook - country tables provided for Population, National Accounts,
Agriculture, Forestry & Fishing, Industry, Transports & Communications, Foreign
Trade, Prices, Finance, and Social Statistics. (SSL-EGC 7 HA37.1 A3; Mudd
Government Documents Center E/CN.14/ STAT/SER.S/)
- Cities of the world.
Volume 1: Africa - a compilation of current information on cultural, geographical,
and political conditions in the countries and cities of six continents, based
on the Department of State's "Post reports". (SML, Starr Main Reading Rm G153.4
- EIU Databases - analyses of political and economic trends in nearly
200 countries. Access by Yale IP recognition. (SSL, Econ Growth Center)
- Government Pages: Swaziland
- Human Rights Watch: Swaziland
- Political Risk Yearbook (vol.4, Sub-Saharan Africa) - political and economic risk analysis. Online reports are
in pdf format; access by Yale IP recognition.(SSL, Ref JQ1871 +P64X)
Department of State: African Issues - regional news and policy issues.
Bank Africa Home page - contains development policies, projects and news
as well as statistics and list of publications.
Economic Growth Center Collection Links
Basic Data and Statistics
Dictionaries and Other Language
Swaziland - list of languages and dialects.
- Concise siSwati dictionary
: siSwati-English/English-siSwati Pretoria : J.L. van Schaik, 1981.
(SML, Stacks PL8705.4 C66 1981)
- Learner's English-Swazi dictionary
Alberton : Librarius Felicitas, c1985. (SML, Stacks PL8705.4 L43)