Authority Control at Yale
Yale SACO Update Proposal Form
Library staff may use this form to send proposals for LCSH subject heading changes to the Yale SACO Coordinating Committee.
Instructions for using form; please read carefully before inputting proposal:
- Do not explicitly code for an initial subfield in any field (i.e., $a, $w, $z)
- Use the dollar sign $ to note a delimiter before the subfield code (e.g, $x, $z)
- 1XX, 4XX, or 5XX headings with subdivisions require keying the subfields by using a delimiter ($) and the appropriate MARC subfield code.
- Add diacritics preceding the affected letter (e.g., M(acute)exico) as appropriate. Please save time by copying and pasting from the list of diacritics. Using this lists helps prevent typos and provides a uniform name for the diacritic.
- When citing geographic coordinates spell out the coordinates (e.g., 47deg. 35min. 34sec.N)
- For additional help go to the Guidelines for formulating LCSH proposals.
2007 Yale University Library
Send comments to: SACO Coordinating Committee
This file last modified:
September 26, 2007