CCC Home Page
Attendance not recorded
1) Pinyin Conversion
All staff who work on bibliographic records must be aware of the 987 field. It indicates that the record uses Pinyin romanization. IT MUST NOT BE REMOVED!
2) LSF guidelines for serials, microforms and maps have been approved. Mike Dimassa, Susan Tucker, Dajin Sun, and Rebecca Mugridge are developing problem resolution procedures (for LSF and CMT staff) for serials.
3) Joan Swanekamp issued a reminder to staff members who do serials adding.
· Remove notes that say 'Holdings not yet available in Orbis' when in fact there are online holdings.
· If you are working on the bibliographic portion of a serial record and there are online holdings, remove 950, 955 and 998 fields that pertain to your copy.
4) The list of library staff with delete privileges was distributed. Committee members were asked to check with their departmental staff with delete privileges and determine if they had received appropriate training. It was agreed that wider discussion of delete privileges was desirable.
5) Committee members discussed OCLC and RLIN use for cataloging and noted areas where the library might experience unexpected changes:
East Asia-need to search both Pinyin and Wade-Giles forms from October through March
SSL-as part of barcoding titles identified in Marcive load, they will attempt to catalog earlier titles not included in the Marcive project
CMT-more staff being trained to use OCLC for recon clean-up and conversion of problem titles
Near East-recon already in progress
Science-additional use of OCLC to support ILL
Site URL: http://www.library.yale.edu/cataloging/ccc/ccchome.htm
Comments to: Joan Swanekamp <email@example.com>
© 2003 Yale University Library