CCC Home Page
1. Joan reminded members to submit names of staff from each unit who need cataloging authorizations for cataloging, acquisitions and serials adding. All other staff will be assigned view only. Deadline is Tuesday May 28!
2. CCC reviewed the guidelines for assigning item types from Sue Crockford-Peters. Joan will prepare a revised version. The revision will include only those codes that catalogers need to be concerned with and a list of special collections that are non-circulating. There were a couple of questions relating to the coding of annuals, and Joan will consult with Sue.
3. Release 2001.1 will hopefully be installed in late June, prior to the Voyager order extract. One of the most important cataloging features is the Local Yale call number index. Staff who catalog using an 'Old Yale-like' call number--Beinecke, or an accession number scheme, should continue to catalog in Notis using X range records until June 24.
Release 2001.2, the Voyager release with most of our contract enhancements will not be available until later this summer, and it is most likely that we will install over the Christmas break.
4. Steven Arakawa reported on his work with macro-express and distributed 4 handouts. We will delay macro installation until we resolve some of the current problems related to using macro-express with the Export Q program.
5. Export Q/ID Catcher program is being fine-tuned. Audrey Ho will review with the Cataloging Implementation Group today and training is scheduled to begin next week. Any staff member who performs cataloging must attend a training session. Manon distributed a draft document describing procedures for selecting records to for export to OCLC, RLIN and MARS.
6. Authority validation. Manon reviewed her 'Authority Validation' presentation and provided a handout. She will present the first session for the Catalog Department next week and will give two more sessions in Sterling over the following two weeks. Some CCC members will use her materials and make a presentation to the staff in their units.
7. The schedule for going live with Cataloging is:
June 5 SML Catalog Department (all teams)
June 6 East Asia, Near East, SEA, Music, MSSA
June 7 Medical, EPH, Divinity, BAC, BRBL
June 10 Sciences (including ORN and AST)
June 11 Social Science, Film Studies
Serials Units who do check-in:
June 6 Serials Support Team
June 7 Medical, Area Studies collections --Africana, Slavic, SEA, East Asia, Latin America, Judaica,
June 10 Divinity, EPH, BRBL,
June 11 Sciences
June 12 Social Sciences and GDC
Cataloging in Acquisitions
According to the Acquisitions schedule
8. Cat Memo # 1 was distributed.
9. Cataloging documentation is being redrafted for use in Voyager. We are discovering that it is more complicated and that significant changes are necessary.
Chief Catalog Librarian
Site URL: http://www.library.yale.edu/cataloging/ccc/ccchome.htm
Comments to: Joan Swanekamp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
© 2003 Yale University Library