|Using Macro Express|
Macro Express at Yale Home Page Oct. 2006
Importing and Running the Series Template Constant Data Macro
1. Start PCAmigo.
2. Scroll down the list of file names and find MacroExpressSAR file.
3. When the File Download window opens, DO NOT CLICK ON THE SAVE BUTTON. Instead,
4. Open Macro Express. If the Macro Express icon is in the start tray, double-click on the icon. If it is not, start the program: Start-->Programs-->Macro Express-->Macro Express3.
5. Assuming your current Macro Express file is up to date, your default Macro Express file should have on the title bar:
If you have a different path listed, consult with your expert user. Some units use a different master file; in that case, it is OK to continue. On the other hand, if your unit is supposed to be using the standard master file, you should change to the current version before continuing.
6. Create a new Category Folder.
7. Select the Connexion folder. Macros area should be blank.
8. A window will open. Check Look in: and verify that the folder is Macro Express3. If it is anything else (such as Attachment or My Files), use the Look in: scroll bar or the Up One Level icon to navigate to: c:\Program Files\Macro Express3. NOTE: the Macro Express3 folder for most catalogers will usually have only around 4 files.
9. The SAR macro will now be listed in the Import File window.
10. To run the macro,
Last revised: October 25, 2006 , © 2006 Yale University Library
For information on other Yale cataloging policies and procedures, go to: Cataloging at Yale