Distributing items workflow
1. Multiparts, Serials, Microform
- Multiparts new or adds: Janusz. (see items with no copy or call number for exceptions).
- Serials and microform: Dora. (see items with no copy or call number for exceptions).
2. Items with no copy or call number
- Belletristic romance: Daniel and Wheat.
- Science, classics, military (all langauges): Tony.
- Art, religion, recreation, sports games, dance, mountaineering, English languages & literature: Larry.
- All other romance languages: Rick.
- All Germanic and Nothern European languages & literature: Rowena.
- All other linguistics, literature, film studies, theatre studies distribute based on language (e.g. German goes to Rowena, Italien goes to Rick, etc.)
- Tony, Rick, Larry and Rowena decide whether a no copy title goes to Frontlog, CCL/Mountaineering backlog, to the Arts & Sciences nonprint status or is immediately cataloged.
- If items are designeate for the frontlog, they will be assigned frontlog numbers, flags, and be shelved by the sorting group.
3. Backlog catalgoing
- All team memebers should bring a shelf from the backlog area to their workstation every two weeks.
- Priority materials need to be cataloged first, then the material from the backlog.
- Copy-catalogers should distribute items that have no copy or call call # as stated above.
3. Babylonian collection
- All books from the Babylonian Collection: Britta and Chuck. (until the project is finished or stated otherwise).
4. Series, conferences and compound names
- All series, conferences and compound-names need to be established through an authority record.
- If there is no authority record established, distribute to the appropiate librarian (see # 2) to be established via NACO.
Back to General workflow
Back to Arts & Sciences Team website
The content on this page is a newly formatted and slightly revised version of Steven Arakawa's earlier documentation.