(Fiscal Year 2000/2001)
The Rare Book Team's various degrees of success in meeting last
year's goals are summarized in our Annual Report. We have set
the following goals for the coming year:
1) Our primary goal is to catalog at a high level of quality and
quantity, keeping in mind our long-term goals of:
Specifically, our quantitative team goal for the coming year is 12,500
titles. This is a 25% increase over last year's goal and takes into
account the fact that our three new librarians will be largely under revision
for the year and will be receiving NACO training.
staying current with the cataloging of new Beinecke acquisitions and transfers;
completing the extended Beinecke backlog project by the end of 2004
2) The three new librarians will be fully trained and working
independently by the end of the year.
3) We will work together effectively as a team. Specifically,
4) We will work with Beinecke Technical Services staff to maintain
good cataloging workflow and effective use of the Rare Book Team workstations
meet regularly to participate in open group discussions; and
make our decisions by consensus whenever possible.
5) The Beinecke Cataloging Manual will be fully revised and made
available on the World Wide Web.
6) We will maintain the team's home page on the World Wide Web,
mounting useful documentation and linking to relevant sites as needed.
7) The librarians on the team will make appropriate contributions
to the library and profession, balancing the need to do more cataloging
with sometimes pressing and often conflicting professional demands.
8) The recon of Hebrew and Yiddish titles not finished by RLA
will be completed in partnership with the Hebraica Team.
We will again defer one goal from two years ago: working with the East
Asian Collection to complete the recon of East Asian titles not finished
Return to Table of Contents