(Fiscal Year 2001/2002)
The Rare Book Team's various degrees of success in meeting last
year's goals are summarized in our Annual Report. We have set
the following goals for the coming year:
1) Our primary goal is to catalog at a high level of quality and
quantity, keeping in mind our long-term goals of:
2) A new librarian will be hired and fully trained by the end of
staying current with the cataloging of new Beinecke acquisitions and transfers;
completing the extended Beinecke backlog project by the end of 2004
3) All members of the Team will be trained and working in Voyager.
4) We will work together effectively as a team. Specifically,
5) We will work with Beinecke Technical Services staff to maintain
good cataloging workflow and effective use of the Rare Book Team workstations
meet regularly to participate in open group discussions; and
make our decisions by consensus whenever possible.
6) The Beinecke Cataloging Manual will be fully revised and made
available on the World Wide Web.
7) We will maintain the team's home page on the World Wide Web,
mounting useful documentation and linking to relevant sites as needed.
8) The librarians on the team will make appropriate contributions
to the library and profession, balancing the need to do more cataloging
with sometimes pressing and often conflicting professional demands.
9) The recon of Hebrew and Yiddish titles not finished by RLA
will be completed in partnership with the Hebraica Team.
Return to Table of Contents