Follow the instructions below and undertake QA on every box of cards with which you work:
Select 20 unflagged cards from the processed portion of the box.
Tip the cards.
For each tipped card:
Retrieve the appropriate Orbis record.
Determine if the item represented by the card in hand was already converted or converted by OCLC. If the item represented by the card in hand was already converted, select another card.
Determine how it was converted (Orbis copy added, WorldCat record updated, WorldCat record created, or keyed record created).
If the item represented by the card in hand was converted by adding a copy statement to an existing Orbis record or by updating an existing WorldCat record, assess the accuracy of the bibliographic record (matching and editing), and the MFHD record by following the appropriate instructions below.
If the item represented by the card in hand was converted by creating a new WorldCat record or by creating a keyed record, assess the accuracy of the bibliographic record (keying), and the MFHD record by following the appropriate instructions below.
ASSESSING THE ACCURACY OF THE BIBLIOGRAPHIC RECORD (MATCHING AND EDITING)
Assess the matching accuracy by comparing the bibliographic information on the card to the record and assess the matching accuracy in terms of the following elements:
- title proper (245 $a)
- edition statement (250)
- place of publication (260 $a)
- publisher (260 $b)
- date of publication (260 $c)
- number of pages/volumes (300 $a Arabic numerals only)
- notes (5xx)
If any of the above elements differ, refer to the project specifications to determine if the match is acceptable.
Assess the editing accuracy by determining if the values in the following fixed fields (008) are correct:
- Publication Status
- Date 1 (yyyy)
- Date 2 (yyyy) -- when applicable
- Place of Publication
Additionally check to make sure that
- all filing indicators are correct
- the main entry on the card is present in the record either as a 1xx or a 7xx
- a uniform title on the card is present in the record
- copy-specific notes on the card are present in the record
- an “In” analytic note on the card is present in the record
ASSESSING THE ACCURACY OF THE BIBLIOGRAPHIC RECORD (KEYING)
Assess the keying accuracy by determining whether or not the record is an accurate representation of the card. Content designation (field tags, indicators, and subfield codes) as well as content (bibliographic information) must be assessed. Refer to OCLC and Orbis documentation as necessary
ASSESSING THE ACCURACY OF THE MFHD RECORD
Assess the accuracy of the 852 field of the MFHD record by determining the correctness of the values in the following fields:
- subfield $b (location)
- subfiled $k (stamp, including size and other designation, as appropriate) -- when applicable
- subfields $h and $i (call number)
Assess the accuracy of the 866/867/868 fields of the MFHD record (when applicable)
- Assess the accuracy of the 866/867/868 fields by determining whether the volume holdings are correctly or incorrectly recorded