1. Minutes - Judy announced that we would resume taking minutes for Circulation Support Group (CSG) meetings. John volunteered to take minutes for the meeting and proposed that the person responsible for taking minutes at the next meeting be included in the minutes of each meeting. Sue proposed that the minute taking responsibility rotate alphabetically; this proposal has been adopted by the group. Carol Jones will record the minutes for the next meeting.
2. Library Shelving Facility (LSF) Training - Judy reported that Audrey Ho is prepared to commence classes for LSF discharging procedures. Judy reminded the group that staff members who handle materials that is routed back to the LSF need to attend one of these sessions that Audrey will be presenting in the Lecture Hall.
3. Projects, Analysis, & Database Group (PAD) - Shawn announced that due to reorganization within the System's Office the Projects, Analysis, & Database Group (PAD) is now the group formerly known as Database Administration Group (DBA). (See reorganization information and chart)
for unreturned books and the billing process - Amanda and Chris reported
to the group on the progress being made with regard to this issue (See
addendum). Chris reported that it was expected that letters would be sent
on Thursday, April 10 to those patrons who were associated with unreturned
materials on the first file we were asked to search last month. That file
consisted of approximately 130 unreturned items that patrons with active
bursar accounts had charged out. After Circ staff searched this file 57
items remained lost. Letters will be sent to the patrons responsible for
these items, inquiring about the whereabouts of each item. Reminder: Payment
of the $75 book replacement fee does not authorize a patron to keep library
material should it be found. Patrons are refunded the book replacement
fee should a "lost" item be returned the library.
Reports and Circulation statistics - Shawn invited group members to provide
input about what statistics they felt were necessary for Annual Report
preparations. Some suggestions included:
4. Call Slip Daemon processing review - Judy reported to the group that it had been noticed that requests for items that were not found, or were not eligible to be sent through Eli Express, were not being processed as quickly as they should. She observed that some requests would remain on the Call Slip Daemon for a day or more if people were unsure what the problem was or who was handling the problem. Because the process is complex and requires follow through, she suggested that group members consider assigning the responsibility of managing the Call Slip Daemon to one or two individuals in order to ensure that requests were processed in a timely and complete manner. Shawn noted that processing a Call Slip request as "Missing" or "Not Found" in the Call Slip Daemon does not set a Missing status on the item record in the Circulation module.
Agenda Items not discussed:
Meeting adjourned: 3:40pm
Unreturned books project
During the next couple of weeks, we will be in a position to start sending out lists of unreturned books to library departments. We need to ascertain whether or not these books are on the shelf.
When you receive the list, please:
for the books.
Once the information is returned, we will then check Voyager to make sure that these books are in fact checked out. If not, and they have not been found on the shelf, we will mark them missing.
Current Project Summary:
We are working with essentially 3 files:
- Small bursar file (pre 2002 charges for unreturned books for patrons with active bursar accounts - all these charges were temporarily zeroed out before the first Voyager bursar transfer in Nov 02) - consisting of 57 items.
- Large non-bursar file (Pre Voyager charges for unreturned books from patrons without active bursar accounts - these charges were not zeroed out) - consisting of 2,983 items (plus 155 pseudo patrons items)
- Jan 02-Jan 03 file (Books that are currently overdue with due dates falling between Jan 02-Jan 03) - consisting of 2,253 items (plus 1,982 pseudo patron items)
Approximate %s of patron groups:
- Small bursar
file - Faculty-76% Staff-14% Graduates-4% Undergraduates-4%
- Members | Meetings | Working Groups | Documents-
© 2007 Yale University Library
This file last modified 06/28/07
Questions or comments about this page? Please contact us.