|There is only one public printer for the library, which is located on the second floor in the Trowbridge Reference Room, near the elevator. All public computer workstations in the Divinity Library connect to this printer. When you submit a print job, you will be asked for your NetID or Print ID. You may then pick up the job at the Divinity Library printer on the 2nd floor or at other printers across the campus. You will see only the items that you sent for printing. See the "Yale Print" section of http://www.yale.edu/ypps/uniprint/ for more information about other printers across campus where you can pick up print jobs.
All printing in the library requires the use of a print account.
Yale students, faculty and staff:
Your NetID and passwords must first be activated in order to print. This is a one time process that usually is done at the start of the semester for incoming students, faculty and staff. If you have not done so already, you can activate your NetID by going to Activate Your NetID.
Visitors to the library not affiliated with Yale:
Visitors to the library can also create a printing account for themselves by going to Print Account Management and clicking on the link under For Visitors entitled Create a PrintID (located in the lefthand column, about halfway down the page.)
Black & White printing or copying is 10¢ for the first side and 2¢ for the second side. To print on both sides, click on "Print" then "Preferences" or "Properties" then "Printing Shortcuts" and select Duplex printing.
Students may add funds their print account by going to Print Account Management and clicking on the link to Student Account charge (in the lefthand column, toward the top).
Faculty, staff, and visitors may add funds by credit card, check or cash. Payment by credit card may be made online at Print Account Management by clicking on the link to Credit Card. Payment by check or cash must be made in person at:
Reprographics & Imaging Services (RIS)
Customer Service Counter
155 Whitney Avenue
Ground floor rear
Hours: Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
How to Print
- First, send your print job to the printer (either use the print button on the browser or follow the instructions for printing in the database you are using.)
- Then go to the printer (located in the Trowbridge Reference Room, to the left of the reference desk, near the elevator.) There are two ways you can login to the printer:
- Using your Yale ID card, swipe the card through the reader (located on the right hand side of the printer) with the large magnetic strip (located on the back of the card) facing down and to the left.
- If you don't have a Yale ID card (or you don't have it with you), you can login manually as follows:
- Touch the screen.
- Type in your User Name (your Yale Net ID).
- Hit OK.
- Type in your password.
- Hit OK
- A list of your print jobs will appear. Click on your print job to highlight it and then click the Print button to release it to print. It should print out in the tray below.
- Be sure to click on the logoff button of the print release station when you are finished. Otherwise, other library users may use your print account to pay for their print jobs.
- The printer will beep if it is out of paper. Check on the windowsill next to the printer for paper to add to the printer. If there is none there, please ask at the Reference Office, or downstairs at the Circulation Desk for more paper. Paper may be added by pushing the button in on the paper tray to open it.
Printing from your personal laptop in the library
You can set up your personal laptop to print to the library's public printer on the second floor by downloading the "Yale Printer" driver from http://www.yale.edu/ypps/uniprint/.
Return to Top