Services in the East Asia Reading Room (SML 219-222)
In addition to the print collections, the East Asia Library Reading Room has the following equipment and services for public use:
- Wireless and wired connections to the Yale network (see here for general instructions). For wireless connection, it may take a while for your laptop to find "yale wireless" due to the intererances of "law" network. To use the wired connection, you need to bring your own ethernet cable and connect to one of the ports on the wall in Room 219.
- Three public workstations connected to a network printer. These public workstations can also be used to access several Chinese and Japanese databases on CD-ROM.
- A self-service compact scanner connected to one public workstation with image editing programs.
- A self-service Book Scanner which allows you to scan a book chapter or journal article quickly and email it to yourself or save it to a USB drive.
- Study tables. Please note that we do not assign specific tables to individuals.
- Reserved shelves for faculty and graduate students in East Asian studies. Please contact Mary Bradway in SML 213 (432-1790; firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need a shelf.