Instructions for the Siku Quanshu Electronic VersionTo access the Siku Quanshu electronic version, you are required to install a client program:
- To start the installation, click on http://us.subscriptionv3.skqs.com/skqs/download/ and download setup.exe;
- Double-click setup.exe and follow instructions to install the client program. A short-cut icon to the program will be created on the desktop;
- Finally, click on the desktop short-cut to open the client program**, and then click “IP Login” to start using the database.
- CPU: Pentium III 800 or higher
- RAM: 256 MB or more
- 140 MB or more free hard disk space for the installed client and fonts
- For users of English Windows, you will need to install the East Asian Language Support files (Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Korean).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Please make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
All the three workstations in the East Asia Reading Room have already installed the client program and are ready to use.
Please note that the access to Siku Quanshu (Wenyuange Edition) electronic version is only available from computers on the Yale campus or with off-campus access.