Alphabetical Listing of Holdings
Holdings by Subject
Electronic Text Search
- Oaxaca: Arqueología y turismo (Mexico,
D.F.: Desarollo Cultural Mexicano: CONACULTA, 1998)
- This CD-ROM provides an audiovisual guide to the archaeology, history,
culture and tourism of Oaxaca. Maps, essays, and images are all found in this
archive. Text in Spanish only.
- Official Index to the Times (Alexandria, VA: Chadwyck
- This CD-ROM indexes the Times of London from 1906-1980. Also available
Newspapers Online (requires Yale IP).
- Our Secret Century (by Rick Prelinger; Los Angeles,
CA: Voyager Company, 1996)
- This database presents several American "national home movies"
for what they are: "odes to an idealized national identity fabricated
by the corporations, institutions, and government who made them and whose
purposes they served." For more information, read a description
of this software.
- The Oxford Electronic Text Library: Jane Austen
(New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 1992)
- The Complete Works of Jane Austen has been published on ten floppy disks
as part of the Oxford Electronic Text Library's series of well-known works
of English literature. This textbase includes Jane Austen's six famous novels:
Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park, Emma, Persuasion,
and Northanger Abbey. All are in searchable format.
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED) (Oxford: Oxford
University Press, 1993)
- This second edition defines over half a million words, and provides information
on their meaning, pronunciation, and history. Also includes over 2,400,000
quotations as examples. Click
here to connect to the online OED (requires Yale IP).
Send comments to the SML Reference Desk