- Oaxaca: Arqueología y turismo (Mexico,
D.F.: Desarollo Cultural Mexicano: CONACULTA, 1998)
- This CD-ROM provides an audiovisual guide to the archaeology, history,
culture and tourism of Oaxaca. Maps, essays, and images are all found in this
archive. Text in Spanish only.
- Official Index to the Times (Alexandria, VA: Chadwyck
- This CD-ROM indexes the Times of London from 1906-1980. Also available
Newspapers Online (requires Yale IP).
- Our Secret Century (by Rick Prelinger; Los Angeles,
CA: Voyager Company, 1996)
- This database presents several American "national home movies"
for what they are: "odes to an idealized national identity fabricated
by the corporations, institutions, and government who made them and whose
purposes they served." For more information, read a description
of this software.
- The Oxford Electronic Text Library: Jane Austen
(New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 1992)
- The Complete Works of Jane Austen has been published on ten floppy disks
as part of the Oxford Electronic Text Library's series of well-known works
of English literature. This textbase includes Jane Austen's six famous novels:
Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park, Emma, Persuasion,
and Northanger Abbey. All are in searchable format.
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED) (Oxford: Oxford
University Press, 1993)
- This second edition defines over half a million words, and provides information
on their meaning, pronunciation, and history. Also includes over 2,400,000
quotations as examples. Click
here to connect to the online OED (requires Yale IP).
© 2007 Yale University Library
This file last modified 10/09/01
Send comments to the SML Reference Desk