Yale University Library maintains library research workstations to provide access to electronic resources available on-site and via the Internet in support of research and learning at Yale University. For more details, please see Policies Governing Use of and Access to Yale University Library Public Workstations. See Cluster Support Services for details on computers maintained by Yale's Information Technology Services.
Network Access for Laptops
- Wireless network access is available in several libraries. See Wireless Networking at Yale for more information and a list of locations.
- Network jacks are available for laptop computer use in Sterling Memorial Library
(Starr Reference Room) and the Social
Sciences Library. Check for availability in other libraries at the library's
- If you have been assigned a carrel in Sterling Memorial Library and need
its network jack activated, contact Access
information about roaming network access is also available.
Printing from Computers
- Pay for printing using Uniprint at the following libraries: Sterling Memorial
Library, Kline Science, Social Science, Arts, Government Documents and Information
Center, Divinity, Engineering, Math, and Geology.
- To print from the public computers, you will need a printing account. See
ITS Print Account Management
to add funds to your account, look up your transactions, and create a PrintID
if you are a visitor to Yale. See the ITS
Distributed Printing Overview for general information about establishing
a printing account, adding money to the account, and printing.
- Instructions for printing from Windows
and Macintosh laptops are
available. Note that the instructions read "print from your room,"
but they apply to printing from network-connected laptops within Yale libraries.
- Pay for printing using your Copico card at the Medical Library and the Epidemiology
and Public Health Library. Read the Frequently
Asked Questions about printing in the Medical Library.
Workstations Available for Persons with Disabilities
Workstations specially configured for use by persons with disabilities
are available at many
Yale libraries. These workstations are wheelchair accessible, have large-print
keyboards, trackballs and Zoom Text Software. Information on the use of these
workstations is available in the library where they are located.
Most library workstations are capable of displaying all
supported languages. If you would like to request we support additional languages,
e-mail the Library Web & Workstation Services.
To access keyboard translations for use on Library Multilanguage Workstations,
click the links button in the upper right corner of the browser. Connect
to the Microsoft site to load the appropriate keyboard translations.
Orbis Z39.50 Access
Z39.50 access will allow you to connect to Orbis (Yale Library Catalog) using
client software such as EndNote. A preconfigured EndNote connection file for
Orbis is available from the EndNote
- Orbis Z39.50 Parameters:
- System: Endeavor Voyager
- Server address: prodorbis.library.yale.edu
- Port: 7090
- Database: voyager
- Record syntax: USMARC or OPAC
© 2007 Yale University Library
This file last modified 01/08/04
Send comments to email@example.com