Yale University Library
Digital Preservation Committee (DPC)
Meeting Notes prepared by Bobbie Pilette
Date: January 8, 2007 10:30 a.m.
Present: Bobbie Pilette, Kevin Glick, David Gewirtz, Audrey Novak (late)
Absent: E.C. Schroeder, Rebekah Irwin
Brought to the attention of folks that the Columbia digital preservation policy had been re-written and looked very similar to ours. http://www.columbia.edu/cu/lweb/services/preservation/dlpolicy.html
David was still awaiting comments on the Formats document, will send out the slightly revised METS doc, and David & Kevin are going to work together on the Preservation Strategies document’ Digital Resource Maintenance section.
Activities to be done:
· Care & Handling of Analog Materials – Bobbie will continue to develop
· Rebekah – will check with DPIP on jointly developing guidelines for creators of digital conversion projects.
Next Meeting, Jan 29:
· Continue discussions on best practices: METS, Formats & Preservation Strategies.
· E.C. compare CUL’s updated policy with our current and we will consider any changes.
· DigCCurr2007: International Symposium on Digital Curation April 18-20, 2007, Chapel Hill, NC – David G. preparing a paper
· Best Practices Exchange 2007: Libraries & Archives in the Digital Era, May 2-4, 2007, Chandler, Arizona www.bpexchange.org
· January 15, Holiday –cancelled
· January 22, ALA – cancelled
· January 29 – meeting
· February 5 - meeting
Committee members’ meetings unable to attend through March: