Yale University Library
Digital Preservation Committee (DPC)
Meeting Notes prepared by Bobbie Pilette
Date: May 16, 2005, 10:30
Present: Ann Green, Bobbie Pilette, Kevin Glick, David Gewirtz, Audrey Novak
Absent: E.C. Schroeder
Began discussion of terms. As part of that reworked the “Financial” section to eliminate the term “traditional preservation” since the term preservation as we define it covers all materials we want to protect and move into the future. Also, under discussion were the terms authenticity and trustworthiness. The section of “Trustworthiness” is being slightly modified.
Terms for definition for next meeting:
· Audrey: Access, Content, Provenance, stakeholders
· Ann: Life cycle
· David: Digital resources, format, intellectual entity, intellectual property, metadata [administrative, technical, structural], storage
· Kevin: authentic copies, authenticity, enduring value, maintenance, preservation repository, trusted digital repository
· Bobbie: original digital representation, facsimiles, perpetual access, reformatting, surrogates/surrogating
Discussed the Preservation Metadata Task Force charge. Decision to take back to the Task Force for further discussion.
· Kevin send to Bobbie the modified Trustworthiness section.
· Bobbie update the draft with the agreed changes and get out to all.
· Everyone work on draft definitions on terms
Next Meeting (May 23):