As preparations are made for the new Engineering & Applied Science Information Commons at 17 Hillhouse Avenue, the services and staff of the Engineering & Applied Science Library will relocate to interim space within the J. Robert Mann Jr. Engineering Student Center on the first floor of Dunham Laboratory starting in January 2012. Relocation of collection materials has begun and the present location in Becton Center will be vacated at the end of the fall term in December 2011. It is expected that the library will remain in the interim location until January 2013.
The renovated space in the Mann Student Center will provide a convenient access point to information services and library collections. In addition, it will be more fully utilized as a student center configured for research and study. The space will include workstations that provide access to a variety of information and research software resources. It will contain flexible seating and tables that can be arranged to accommodate seminars, presentations and gatherings, as well as group and individual study.
The information services that will be available in the interim space include:
• Information assistance from the engineering librarian and staff;
• Reference collection;
• Pickup and return location for library materials and document delivery services.
Services moving to other locations during the interim period:
• Materials placed on course reserve will be available at the Bass Library.
• High use books from the Engineering & Applied Science Library collection will be available for browsing and borrowing in a distinct location in Sterling Memorial Library;
• Lower use materials will be delivered upon request and will be made available at the interim location, or any other Eli Express library location on campus;
The Library staff will continue to provide the same high level of service patrons currently receive. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Andy Shimp, Engineering Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 432 7460 or Jill Parchuck, Director of the Center for Science and Social Science Information, at email@example.com or (203) 432-3304.