AND ARCHIVES :: MICROFILM COLLECTIONS :: DETAILS
contact the interlibrary loan office of your institution’s
library or your local public library to initiate a request for a
loan. Interlibrary loan is a library-to-library transaction. The
interlibrary loan office of the Yale Library does not correspond
with individuals, and Manuscripts and Archives does not handle loan
requests. When you contact your library’s interlibrary loan
office, please convey the following information to them:
1) Yale’s OCLC symbol must be entered at least twice (YUS,YUS)
2) The MaxCost field must be set to at least $20, our standard
fee for an ILL loan to a US or Canadian institution or $30, our
standard fee for an interlibrary loan to an international institution.
3) Payment can be by IFM (preferred) or by check in USD; if paid
by check, an invoice will accompany the microfilm.
4) The reel number(s) wanted must be noted after the title of
the item. For example, Walter Lippmann Papers, reel xx.
5) In the Borrower’s Notes field, … : enter FILM call
number, for example HM 257.
Four reels at a time may be loaned. The loan period is 6 weeks.
Microfilm is restricted for use within the borrowing institution’s
Please see the Yale Library’s ILL website for contact and
additional information: http://www.library.yale.edu/ill/