||INFORMATION FOR YALE OFFICES :: RECORDS SCHEDULES
In an effort to preserve
and maintain its history, Yale University seeks to retain certain documentation
concerning alumni relations in the Yale community. Specific topics
of interest include:
- Policy development, planning, and program development relating to alumni relations;
- Services and programs for alumni;
- Activities of alumni associations and boards;
- Activities that cultivate and maintain relationships with/among alumni; and
- Tracking of alumni's lives and careers.
requiring temporary retention for legal purposes
| Archival records
(Permanent records should be transferred to the Archives.
Please arrange timing and frequency of records transfer with Archives
- Aggregate data and analyses of alumni and individual classes
- Biographical records on alumni, including informational cards and clippings
- Celebration and
special event records, including programs and informational material
resulting from university or alumni club-sponsored celebrations and
special events � e.g., reunions
- Final reports concerning the programs, events, analyses, and projects related to alumni
- Meeting minutes and ephemera for committees and clubs
- Photographs, films, and videotapes of alumni events
- Policies and
procedures for services and programs for alumni, alumni events, and
communications with alumni
- Publications and other publicity materials produced for or about alumni (2 copies)
- Significant correspondence concerning program development, implementation, and other major decisions
- Topical files of alumni relations program directors
Office of record
The Association of Yale Alumni, the Alumni Information
and Records Office, directors of alumni relations in the professional
schools, and officers of alumni clubs maintain the record copy of
documentation about alumni relations. Individual units that
are not responsible for the creation of such records, but that maintain
duplicates of such works or related materials, should destroy these
files after they are no longer needed.
otherwise noted, destroy 7 years following active use or fiscal year of
creation, whichever is later.)
- Alumni program
or service administration records such as those relating to marketing
products, insurance, membership dues, travel, and athletic tickets.
Records may include agreements, dues information, postal information,
and related documentation and correspondence.
(Destroy following their immediate administrative
- Mail records
for administering mailings to alumni and tracking the current whereabouts
of alumni. Records may include postal records and permits, mailing lists,
notices of address changes, and related documentation and correspondence.