|INFORMATION FOR YALE OFFICES :: RECORDS SCHEDULES
In an effort to preserve
and maintain its history, Yale University seeks to retain certain documentation
concerning grant and contract administration. Specific topics of interest
- Relationships with agencies, governments, and individuals for services;
- Sources of funding for sponsored projects; and
- Funding of research
initiatives supported by the Office of Grant and Contract Administration
and the School of Medicine (YSM) Grant and Contract Administration/Office
of Scientific Affairs.
requiring temporary retention for legal purposes
| Archival records
(Permanent records should be transferred to the Archives.
Please arrange timing and frequency of records transfer with Archives
- Grant proposals and applications
- Topical files from the directors of the Office of Grant and Contract Administration and the YSM Grant and Contract Administration/Office of Scientific Affairs
- Policies, guidelines, and regulations for sponsored grants
- Policies and procedures for contract and agreement negotiations
- Legal opinion records
Office of record
The Office of Grant and Contract Administration,
the School of Medicine's Grant and Contract Administration, and the treasurer maintain record copy documentation
on grants and contracts at the university. Individual units operating
outside the scope of the aforementioned units maintain record copy
on all other documented contractual matters. Duplicates and related
materials should be destroyed after they are no longer needed.
otherwise noted, destroy 7 years following active use or fiscal year of
creation, whichever is later.)
- Commercial cooperative relationship records
- Contracts and
agreements regarding procurement of specialized needs not readily available
(consultants, professionals, researchers, etc.
- Contracts for services and supplies. Destroy 3 years after expiration.
- General correspondence concerning the administration of a grant
- Financial records concerning the administration of a grant
- Property leases