Requests, Circulation Services, & Loan Periods
How to request a book, CD, DVD, or any other purchase?
Simply go to: http://web.library.yale.edu/form/purchase-request
Circulation Services, & Loan Periods
- Books and scores circulate to faculty for one year, to graduate students and staff for six months, and to undergraduates. For more details consult the Yale University Library Access and Privileges.
[ Material is subject to recall for other readers after two weeks. The circulating stacks are located in the basement of the Music Library. See below for Course Reserve circulation policies.]
- Recordings, DVDs, and videos in the Recordings Collection do not circulate outside the library; they may be paged at the Circulation Desk for listening and viewing within the library. Arrangements may be made with the Recordings Collection Supervisor for class presentations and for faculty loans. Recordings in the Yale Collection of Historical Sound Recordings may be listened to only by appointment.
- CD-ROMs circulate for 24 hours; they may be paged at the Circulation Desk.
- Microfilms must be paged weekdays during business hours at the Circulation Desk, but can be placed on reserve for night and weekend use. Microfilms do not circulate outside of the building, but may be borrowed for use in the Sterling Memorial Library Microform Reading Room, where reader-printers are available. The reader-printers take copy cards available for purchase in the nave of Sterling Memorial Library. Microfiche must also be paged during business hours weekdays. There is a microfiche reader in the basement (Room 3) and reader-printers available in the SML Microform Reading Room.
- Facsimiles editions of scores, books, reference books, and Yale dissertations do not circulate. Should the library have a second copy, the second copy circulates. The periodical and reference collections are located on the mezzanine level of the library. The facsimile editions of scores and Yale dissertations are shelved in the stacks in the basement.
- Fees and fines are the same as for Sterling Memorial Library.