Near East Journals
The most recent issues of about 240 journals in both Near Eastern and western languages are placed in the Periodicals Reading Room, located on the first floor of Sterling Memorial Library. The Near East Collection curator has selected these titles from more than 900 journals in vernacular scripts and more than 1000 journals in western languages. These selected journals are kept in two places within the Periodicals Reading Room: one group is located in section 20 on the first floor, while a second group is in the basement level of the same room, in section X-20. Older issues are sent first to the bindery, then to the appropriate section in the library stacks. Journals in vernacular languages are all located in the Near East Section in Sterling Memorial Library. Other journals in Western languages are located in the general stacks in SML. Should you have any problems finding these journals, please contact Mr. Simon Samoeil, Curator for the Near East Collection.
- Uktubar (Section X-20)
- ‘Ulum al-lughah.
- a al-'Umr-an (Call # DS92 U47)
- al-‘Umran (Section X-20)
- al-‘Umran: sahifah ‘Arabiyah ‘umraniyah musawwarah = al-Omran "Civilization": a weekly, scientific, illustrated review / li-sahibiha ‘Abd al-Masih Antaki
- al-Urdun = Al Urdun
- al-Urdun al-jadid.
- Urubba wa-al-‘Arab (Section 20)
- al-Usbu‘ al-adabi (Section X-20)
- al-Usbu‘: usbu‘iyat al-iqtisad al-‘Arabi. (Section 20)
- al-'Usur (Section X-20)
- al-‘Usur al-Wust = al-‘Usur al-Wusta: the bulletin of Middle East Medievalists (Section 20) Title page only