Near East Newspapers held at Yale
The following newspapers received at Sterling Memorial Library are located either in the Newspaper Room or the Microform Room. Click on the titles for holdings information in Orbis. Should you have any problems finding these newspapers, please contact Mr. Simon Samoeil, Curator for the Near East Collection.
- al-Ahram daily (Cairo, Egypt); Electronic edition: http://www.ahram.org.eg/
- al-Ahram weekly (Cairo, Egypt); Electronic edition: http://www.ahram.org.eg/weekly/
- Arab News (Jedda, Saudi Arabia); Electronic edition: http://www.arabnews.com
- al-Arabi (Cairo, Egypt) Electronic edition: http://www.al-araby.com/
- Asharq al-Awsat (London, England); Electronic edition: http://www.asharqalawsat.com/
- Cumhuriyet (Istanbul, Turkey); Electronic edition: http://www.cumhuriyet.com.tr
- Fath (Damascus, Syria)
- Ittila'at (Tehran, Iran); Electronic edition: http://ettelaat.sitecopy.com/
- Jordan Times (Amman, Jordan); Electronic edition: http://www.jordantimes.com/
- al-Masar (Ramallah, Palestine); Electronic edition: http://www.almassar.com/
- al-Nur (Damascus, Syria)
- al-Quds (Jerusalem) [microform]; Electronic edition: http://www.alquds.com/
- al-Quds al-Arabi (London, England); Electronic edition: http://www.alquds.co.uk/
- al-Shaab (Cairo, Egypt); Electronic edition: http://www.elshaab.com/
- al-Watan (Safat, Kuwait); Electronic edition: http://www.alwatan.com.kw/
Yale subscribes to the following international news databases:
World News Connection offers the latest two years worth of full text and summaries of newspaper articles, speeches, reports and broadcasts collected and translated by the Foreign Broadcast Information Service. Generally, the information in WNC is available within 48-72 hours from the time of the original publication or broadcast. Sources include Mashhad Voice of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Tehran Times, Baghdad Republic of Iraq Television, Cairo MENA, and more.
ClariNews delivers electronic news through your web browser or Pantheon account. Source for the Middle East is generally Agence France-Presse and covers latest two weeks. Includes accompanying images and links to related newsgroups. Instructions for Pantheon and Netscape users
Dow Jones Interactive from the home page, select Publications Library, click on Change Publications, and choose from the following options:
A. Region ---> from pulldown menu choose Middle East: All publications
B. Title ---> from pulldown menu choose BBC Monitoring - Daily news service covering more than 140 countries in more than 70 languages. News bulletin are monitored live and translated into English.
Global NewsBank provides comprehensive coverage of news sources, broadcasts and transcripts from hundreds of international sources.
Return to Newspapers and Journals