Indexes and Abstracts
Databases available to the Yale Community by IP-recognition
- Academic Search Elite - access to many full text journals from 1990 to the present. Abstracts and indexing for nearly 3,000 scholarly journals from 1984 to the present. Sources include British Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, International Political Science Review, Middle East Journal, and Peace Research Abstracts Journal.
- Academic Universe - contains articles from Arab News, Mideast Mirror, and Times of Oman as well as the New York Times, CNN, and more.
- AccessUN - access to bibliographic records of United Nations documents from 1961 to present. Contains full text of resolutions from the General Assembly, Security Council, and Economic & Social Council.
- Air University Library Index to Military Periodicals - subject index to articles, book reviews, and editorials from English language military and aeronautical periodicals such as Defense & Diplomacy, International Defense Review, and Jane's Intelligence Review.
- ATLA Religion Database - contains citations from international titles and 13,000 multi-author works in and related to the field of religion.
- Columbia International Affairs Online - this database searches working papers, bibliographies, and journals such as the Middle East Review of International Affairs.
- Contemporary Women's Issues - provides full-text access to global information on women.
- Dissertation Abstracts International - dates of coverage 1861 to the present.
- Historical Abstracts - contains annotated references to books, articles, and dissertations on the history of the world from 1450 to the present. Sources include Asian Affairs, Current History, Journal of Arab Affairs, and Middle Eastern Studies.
- JSTOR (Journal Storage Project) - provides full text journals covering political science, history, and other subjects.
- PAIS (Public Affairs Information Service) - covers the literature of public affairs including political, economic and social issues. Sources include Palestine-Israel Journal, Middle East Reporter Weekly, and Review of International Affairs.
- Periodicals Contents Index - indexes the contents of thousands of periodicals in the humanities and social sciences, from their first issues to 1990/1991.
- PolicyFile - indexes research and publication abstracts of public policy think tanks, university research programs, research organizations and publishers.
- Project Muse - provides online access to the full text of the Johns Hopkins University Press's 40+ scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences, and mathematics in a searchable database.
- Social Sciences Abstracts - bibliographic database that indexes and abstracts articles from more than 415 English-language periodicals plus the full text of over 115 of those periodicals.
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science) - provides complete bibliographic data, full-length author abstracts, and cited references from the world's most influential research.
- United Nations Bibliographic Information System (UNBISnet) - primary index to United Nations documentation published since 1979, or earlier for selected documents. It also includes the catalogue of the collections of the Dag Hammarskjöld Library.
- United Nations Optical Disc System - full text of documents dating back to 1992 (1946 onwards for resolutions) in all six official languages of the United Nations.
- Women's Resources International - includes over 255,800 records drawn from a variety of women's studies databases.
- Current Contents of Periodicals On the Middle East. Tel Aviv : The Center, 1980- SML DS41 +C87 [1980-1998; online as of vol.18, no.2, 1998]
- Index Islamicus. London: Mansell, 1977-. SML, Starr Main Reference Rm Z3013 Q34 (LC) / ARIS Z3013 Q342 (LC)
- International Political Science Abstracts. Paris: International Political Science Association, 1951-. SML, Starr Main Reference Rm JA36 15 (LC)
- The Middle East. Abstracts and Index. Pittsburgh: Library Information and Research Service, 1978-. SML, Starr Main Reference Rm DS41 +M44
- The Muslim World Book Review. Leicester, UK: Islamic Foundation, 1980-. SML Stacks, DS35.3 M88 [Current issues in Periodical Reading Room]. Supplement to Muslim World Book Review called Index of Islamic Literature 1987-. SML Stacks, Z7835 M6 M88 (LC)