Yale Record Customizations – Test Load 1
- Orbis Key migrated to 035$9.
- Convert provisional record 9xx tags to valid USMARC tags (unless a non-9xx
tag, like an 035, is present in the record).
- Drop fields 927,928,940,950,955,998.
- Title level notes from the copy holdings record are loaded in a 948 field.
- Deleted and Suppressed bibliographic records are loaded as Suppressed; all
other bibs should be visible in the OPAC.
- Map Notis Copy Holdings Statements to field 852 in a USMARC Format Holdings
records (MFHDs). (See http://lcweb.loc.gov/marc/holdings/echdloca.html#mrch852)
- Convert semi-colons in Yale call numbers as follows:
- Eliminate semi-colon between first alpha sequence and first numeric; i.e.
PS;1 becomes simply PS1
- Eliminate semis that directly preceed decimal points. i.e. BS191;.A1 becomes
- Replace all other semi-colons with spaces.
- Load CLASS ‘Z’ copy statements as suppressed holdings records. Sort suppressed
holdings records after unsuppressed holdings.
- Load "UM=" and exploding Copy Statement notes into public note,
852|z. Coded notes exploded to full text.
- Regular Copy Statement notes loaded into non-public note, 852|x.
- Map Notis location codes to Voyager location codes.
- Current Order Receipts written to 866 holdings statements in the MFHD.
- Order record notes written to 852 |x
- Order record action date written to 852$d
- Map Notis Item Conditions to Voyager Item Statuses.
- Map Notis Loan Codes to Voyager Item Types.
- Map Notis Temp Locations to Voyager Location Codes.
- Split ‘Enum/Chron’ into two separate fields: Enumeration & Chronology.
- Charge counts in items with multiple subrecords should be added together
and migrated to the charge field.
- Map Item Conditions to Item Statuses.
- Unlinked Items attached to brief bibliographic records.
NOTIS specific Heading Use Code of ‘c’ is changed to its USMARC equivalent
Still to Come in future loads…
- Overlay current Orbis records in non-roman languages with RLIN vernacular
records, using the 035 RLIN number as a match point. The Orbis key of the
matching records will be retained in 035$9.
- Map the Orbis 949 note field to a 948 note field.
- Replace ‘um=See K AAA0000" holdings notes with notes more meaningful
in the Endeavor system. General criteria when doing a comparison on the Orbis
- Ignore any punctuation (comma, colon, period)
- Ignore spacing (spacing around the equal sign is irregular,
e.g. K=AAA0000 or K[space] =AAA0000 or K[space] =[space] AAA0000)
- If possible, normalize all comparison strings so case is ignored. Orbis
keys, for example can have upper or lower case letters, e.g. aaa0000 or
Match on the following "um=" note Strings:
- see k=LLL####
- see K=LLL####
- type k=LLL####
- type K=LLL####
- TYPE K=LLL####
- TYPE k=LLL####
- Type K=LLL####
- Type k=LLL####
- information k=LLL####
Replace all of the preceding strings with the string:
" do a Keyword search for LLL####YL"
*Yale question: the YL suffix in the substitution string assumes that Endeavor
will migrate our Notis record keys with a YL suffix (YL is our one and only
processing unit). Is the suffix optional?
"um=see k=AAA0000" becomes "um=do a Keyword search
"um=For circulation information, type K=fjz1294" becomes
"um=For circulation information, do a Keyword search on FJZ1294YL"
"um= FOR CIRCULATION INFORMATION, TYPE K= PCC3121" becomes
"um= FOR CIRCULATION INFORMATION, do a Keyword search on PCC3121YL"