Yale Record Customizations
- Orbis Key migrated to 035$9.
- Provisional record 9xx tags converted to valid
USMARC tags (unless a non-9xx tag, like an 035, is present in the record).
- Drop fields 905,909,929,936,940,950,955,998.
- Bib 949 notes are loaded to field 948 (Multiple
949s load to separate 948 fields).
- Title level notes from the copy holdings record
are loaded in a 948 field.
- Deleted and Suppressed bibliographic records are
loaded as Suppressed; all other bibliographic records should be visible in
- Non-roman language Orbis records overlayed with
RLIN vernacular records, using the 035 RLIN number as a match point. The Orbis key of the matching records
will be retained in 035$9.
- Map Notis Copy Holdings Statements to field 852
in a USMARC Format Holdings records (MFHDs). (See
- Convert semi-colons in Yale call numbers as
- Eliminate semi-colon between first alpha
sequence and first numeric; i.e. PS;1 becomes simply PS1
- Eliminate semis that directly preceed decimal
points. i.e. BS191;.A1 becomes BS191.A1
- Replace all other semi-colons with spaces.
Load CLASS ‘Z’ copy statements as suppressed holdings
suppressed holdings records after unsuppressed holdings within each location.
subfield ‘k’ pre-stamp of ‘Suppressed’
‘Z’ statements should not inherit call numbers
Class ‘T’ statements
flagged for separate indexing by adding 852|2 ‘localyale’.
Catalog Status ‘d’ copy
statements load with the 852|z public note “Search under individual
Author/Title for items in this series.”
Load “UM=” and exploding Copy Statement notes into public
note, 852|z. Coded notes
exploded to full text.
Replace um= ‘Type K = AAA0000” holdings notes with notes more
meaningful in the Endeavor system.
Replace all ‘see k=’, ‘type k=’ etc. notes with the string: “ do a
Keyword search for LLL####YL”
“um=For circulation information, type K=FJZ1294” becomes
“um=For circulation information, do a Keyword search on
Regular Copy Statement notes loaded into non-public note,
- Map Notis location codes to Voyager location
codes (see http://www.library.yale.edu/orbis2/implementation/maplocation.htm).
- Current Order Receipts for S/T ‘p’ records
written to 866 holdings statements in the MFHD.
- Map Notis Item Conditions to Voyager Item
- Map Notis Loan Codes to Voyager Item Types.
- Map Notis Temp Locations to Voyager Location
- Split ‘Enum/Chron’ into two separate fields: Enumeration & Chronology.
- Charge counts in items with multiple subrecords
should be added together and migrated to the charge field.
- Map Item Conditions to Item Statuses.
- Unlinked Items attached to brief bibliographic
specific Heading Use Code of ‘c’ is changed to its USMARC equivalent of ‘a’.
Type is a new field in Voyager.
Initially, all vendor records in Voyager will have a default Vendor Type
of ‘MV’ for ‘Migration Vendor’.
Name is copied from the Name field in the Orbis ‘Order’ address.
notes in the Orbis vendor record migrate to a single vendor note field.
Oracle number in the Orbis ‘Vendor Sort’ field is migrated to the Voyager
‘Institution ID’ field.
Claim=, etc. flags at the top of the Orbis vendor record are converted to flags
associated with each address in Voyager.
of the Orbis address, like city and zip code, cannot be separated out during
migration. As a result, addresses are
migrated to the main address lines in Voyager.
This will not affect Voyager’s ability to print out purchase orders,
etc. using the vendor address.
- The Order record migration consists of all open orders, i.e. those
with status A, B, C, or D
- All Orders are migrated as “Pending” – should we change?
- All Divisions of a multi-division order will be migrated
- No invoice, payment, or claim data is migrated.
- The AMT field in the order record is migrated to the Voyager Line
Item price field, and translated to Voyager base currency, if necessary.
- The Division Note field of the order record is examined for the
presence of *** characters to identify a Vendor title number. If found,
the Vendor title number is migrated to the Vendor Title field in Voyager
without the surrounding *** characters.
- All Order Units are mapped to Acquisitions Happening Locations -
see online map at http://www.library.yale.edu/orbis2/implementation/ORDREC%20MAPPING.htm.
- The combination of Scope and Receiving Unit is used to map
Purchase Order Type. Purchase
Order Type then determines Line Item Type as follows:
LINE ITEM TYPE
* All SCOPE=1 materials except
the recunit identified in lines 2 will load with a default Purchase Order
Type of Firm Order.
** All SCOPE=2 materials
except the recunits identified in lines 4-5 will load with a default Purchase
Order Type of Continuation
- NOTES from the Order
record are migrated as follows:
notes are loaded to the Line Item Note field
note is separated by a semicolon
Voyager Line Item Note has a maximum of 1900 characters; all note info up to
1900 characters is loaded
record Note information is in the
- Selector Initials
Vendor Address information if vendor code is not 'D'
Note to Vendor
- All ‘Active’ Patrons
- All Patrons with items
checked-out are migrated
- All Patrons with fines
- All Inactive Patrons
less than 3 years old are migrated
- The Patron load
includes base Patron information only; check-outs, holds/recalls, and
fines/fees will be loaded the first week in April.
- Orbis Patron Categories
/ Groups are migrated to Voyager Patron Groups. The Orbis to Voyager patron group map is available on the
web at http://www.library.yale.edu/orbis2/implementation/patron%20group%20map.htm.
- The Endeavor Patron
loader only allows one barcode (Charge Id) per Patron Group in a patron
record. If a record has more than one Charge Id per Patron Group, i.e. a
TL/FAC and a PO/FAC, then the following rules apply:
the ‘Active’ Charge Id over the ‘Inactive’ Charge Id
the ‘TL’ Charge Id over the ‘PO’ Charge ID
all else is equal, keep the Charge ID with the highest number, i.e. Id 9999992
takes precedence over Id 9999991.
the dropped ID has items checked-out, map the checked-out items to the kept ID
(as part of the April check-out load).
- The Endeavor Patron
loader only allows up to 3 Charge Ids in a patron record. If a patron has four or more Charge
Ids, the rules described #2 apply.
- The Endeavor Patron
loader requires the presence of a Social Security Number in each patron
record. Most of our departmental
and visitor patrons, etc. do not have SSNs; we have copied the Charged ID
into the SSN field for those patrons who do not have Social Security
- All Patron Notes are
currently loaded as a single ‘Pop-up’ note in the patron record. Notes from the various Orbis note
fields are separated by a semi-colon.
- The Patron record purge
date is set to three years after the patron migration load (03/26/2005).
- The Institution Id and
Patron Statistical Categories are currently empty. A follow-up patron load from the Bursar
will merge in NetId (used for security and access purposes) and selected
statistical categories in these fields.