ORBIS2 MMG MEETING NOTES
9 May 2000 meeting, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., SML 409
PRESENT: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com (Chair), susan.crockford-peters, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
ABSENT: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
AGENDA ANNOTATED WITH MEETING NOTES:
1. Review functions of the Orbis2 Migration Management Group (Scott: 10 mins)
The group concurred in their charge as defined at the April planning meetings:
2. Review draft list of threshold requirements for Orbis2 (Audrey: 20 mins)
A draft list of threshold requirements, defined as requirements that must be met for a system to be considered by Yale, (a.k.a., "No Go" items), was discussed. A revised list was distributed. MMG members will send comments and revisions to Audrey for inclusion in the revised list before it is posted to the Orbis2 website.
3. Decide on vendors to invite to provide educational demos (Audrey: 15 mins)
The purpose of the educational demos is to introduce library staff to the capabilities of the next generation system. Audrey reported that invitations were extended to Endeavor, Ex Libris and Sirsi. MMG members agreed that an invitation should also be sent to Innovative Interfaces (III).
Post meeting update: An email invitation was sent to Innovative on 9 May 2000. As of 9 May Ex Libris and Sirsi responded positively and are targeting the second half of June. Endeavor scheduled their demo on June 22nd.
AGENDA ITEMS DELAYED UNTIL NEXT MEETING
4. Establish Work Groups to propose evaluation criteria for Orbis2 (Audrey & Scott: 35 mins)
5. Set meeting schedule through July 2000 to enable the following (Scott: 10 mins):
The group agreed to continue meeting once every two weeks through July should that be useful.