ORBIS2 SITE VISIT WORKGROUP
Introduction and Initial Meeting Agenda
27 Oct 2000
The KEY TASKS in our charge are:
- Identify sites, plan and conduct (most likely total of 2) visits for customers of our "short list" vendor candidates
- Prepare list of questions to answer during visits
- Record answers to questions and summarize findings in a report
TIMELINE and related milestones in the migration management process:
By 11/14 (Meeting 1):
- Identify potential list of sites to visit
- Draft site visit agenda
- Agree to assignments for drafting questions
- Identify black out dates to avoid in scheduling visits
We should have a summary of "criteria documents" from which to identify any concerns others have expressed about specific vendors and a list of customers for each vendor (including vendor recommendations and identification of which migrated from Notis).
By 11/28 (Meeting 2):
- Finalize questions for site visits
- Finalize site agenda
- Confirm logistics for first site visit in early December based on an educated guess which one will be a "sure" candidate
- Migration Management Group identifies "short" list, expecting it to be two vendors
- Complete first site visit and if possible, prepare report.
- Complete second site visit
- On campus intensive, week long vendor demos (black out times for site visits)\
- Complete the report of site visits and sigh relief for a job superbly done!
"TO-DO" LIST BEFORE FIRST MEETING:
- Review your personal calendar for the period November 27--December 21 and January 2-10. Identify black out periods.
- Think about what issues you are particularly concerned will be addressed during the visits.