ORBIS2 SITE VISIT WG
21 November 00
- Will send dates as soon as McGill confirms.
- Initial checks on transportation options indicate that this trip will likely require two overnights; we might be able to do it with one overnight if we can get schedules through NY.
- The following list of specific desired information identified today was sent to McGill
- Any written procedures you'd be able to share with us (e.g. for technical service or circulation workflows).
- List of vendors/publishers for EDI that you're using
- An organization chart for Technical Services
- Any instructional guides for readers (students, faculty, community)
- Staff training materials
- Documentation on patron record loads, email interface for circulation, the handling of fees/fines/billing, and samples of notices sent to borrowers
- Documentation on course reserves--work flow procedures, sample lists used with faculty, by readers, and by processing staff.
- Any pointers from your contract negotiations.
- If there is a web site that we might access ahead to give us some insights into your use of the system, that would also be very helpful and perhaps an easier way to gather some of this information.
We are aiming to schedule our visit to U Penn during the same set of dates identified earlier. The preference stated today was to have one of these two trips in Dec, and one in Jan, unless we can arrange both back-to-back resulting in no more than two overnights.
By December 1: Review the questions posed in those drafts shared today and send comments to the author.
By December 5: Each author will prepare a final set of questions in his/her area and forward them to us all as attachments.