DOCUMENT DELIVERY GROUP
September 20, 2000
Present: Mary Angelotti, Susan Burdick, John Gallagher, Holly Grossetta Nardini, Denise Hersey, Carol Jones, Sue Lorimer, Danuta Nitecki
Absent: Matthew Beacom, Maureen Malone Jones, May Robertson
Sue announced that Jeong Min is standardizing the Demonstration Situation spreadsheet for the Group. She also announced that there is a new applicant for the Document Delivery position and that an interview will be scheduled for October 4 or 5.
Holly and Carol mentioned that the roll-out for the EDD service is still October 1.
Susan reminded everyone that Debbie McGraw will talk to the ILL Support Group on Friday, September 22 at 10:30 in SML 409.
- Sending the RFS
The Group decided that the transmittal letter to accompany the RFS needed to be amended in the following ways:
- We will not require the submission of a formal written proposal but will instead say that if the company is interested in being considered by the Yale Library, they need to express their interest through a phone call to Sue Lorimer.
- The Request for Solution will serve as a detailed outline for the content of the vendor demonstrations.
- Each vendor will be requested to submit in written form the bulleted items in the letter, excluding "clear indications of how your systems handles each of the capabilities described in the RFS"; these will be addressed in the vendor demonstrations. In addition, they will be asked to submit a brief summary of their business situation.
Sue and Holly will edit the transmittal letter.
The proposed timetable for the remainder of the system selection was accepted as follows:
- Issue the RFS by September 27
- Vendor expression of interest and supporting documents due by Monday, October 23
- Vendor demonstrations scheduled November 1-15
- Decision on ILL management system by December 15
- Implementation planning begins January 1
- Reviewing the Orbis2 Criteria Work Groupsí final Criteria List
No one reported identifying any new items to add to our Demonstration Situation document from this final List.
- The Group reviewed and edited Sections 2-9 of the Demonstration document.
- Holly and Sue will meet with Jeong Min on Friday to discuss the incorporation of these changes into the document and the creation of the revised Request for Solution and System Evaluation Worksheets from this amended text.