Welcome back, after what I hope was a relaxing and enjoyable summer. I’m an archivist and librarian, and the Head of Public Services in Manuscripts & Archives, a special collections department within Sterling Memorial Library. We’re the first door on your left as you enter Sterling from the Wall Street door. I have a background in U.S. history and archives, but I’m interested in a lot of other things and I’m willing to be as creative as I can be to assist you in using the stellar collections, online resources, and services that are available to you through the Yale University Library. If I don’t know or can’t help you with something directly, I’m also happy to figure out who might be able to and arrange for you to get that assistance. Let me know what I can do to help you with exploring what’s available in the Yale libraries. Please stop by Manuscripts & Archives to see me, or drop me an email and we can arrange a time to meet and talk.
How can I help you?I will:
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questionsd about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation, or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
Things I don’t do (but I’ll help you find out who can)I won’t:
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you (well, I won't find someone to write your paper - that part's up to you - but I can put you in touch with The Writing Center or a writing tutor)”
Email me and we'll arrange to meet someplace convenient.
Manuscripts & Archives, 150 SML, 128 Wall Street