Welcome to the Library!
I am the Head of Access Services at Sterling Memorial and Bass Libraries. My department is responsible for book circulation, shelving, privileges, information services, reserves, scan on demand (coming soon!), and processing items to be sent to the Library Shelving Facility. So, aside from being your personal librarian, I can also help you with any questions or problems you may have with using the collections. I received my MLS and BA from Indiana University, with a focus in History and Comparative Literature. Aside from that, I am an avid Hockey fan (Blackhawks and Hurricanes), DJ at WCNI at Connecticut College and play violin in the New London Community Orchestra.
My office is in the Bass Library, and I am more than happy to speak to you when I'm not tied up with other meetings. You can also email me or go to tungle.me/bradwarren to set up an appointment. I hope to set office hours in October and will let you know.
This is my first year in the Personal Librarian program and I'm happy to answer all of your questions about using the library.
Here's what I can do for you:
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs specifically for students, as well as with notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you