Hi! I'm Kelly and I'm your Personal Librarian!
Being a Personal Librarian is one of the best parts of my job! I love working with students as they learn all the tricks to being an awesome researcher and discover all the cool resources that the Yale Library has to offer (anything from data sets to DVDs to JSTOR to locks of hair from Robert Louis Stevenson and Elizabeth Barrett Browning – seriously!). I'm more than happy to set up times to meet with you at my office, Bass Library or for coffee or ice cream (depending on the season) to talk about your research projects. I'm also available via IM if you have a quick question. I look forward to working with each of you during your studies here at Yale. And remember, there is no such thing as a dumb question!
How will I help you?I will:
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs specifically for students, as well as with notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you