Welcome to the Library!
I am a supervisor in Access Services at Sterling Memorial Library, overseeing Information Services as well as parts of the circulation operation. I am tremendously excited to begin my first year in the Personal Librarian program and I look forward to working with you this upcoming year. I am always here to help you with any questions you have about using the library, so please feel free to email or call me any time you need assistance. If you would like to meet in person, please schedule an appointment with me using tungle.me/laurasider.
Here's what I can do for you:
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs specifically for students, as well as with notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you
Sterling Memorial Library - Room 2