Patricia wants to help you find the information you need in the library!
Patricia contributes information about the library's collection directly into the library catalog. She enjoys knowing that her work provides access to the Yale Library's amazingly rich storehouse of human knowledge. Patricia can help you in your journey of intellectual discovery and creativity, by working with you to navigate through the complexities of our vast wealth of information and resources.
Patricia can be found in the library every Monday-Friday, and often on the weekends. Please feel welcome to contact her anytime.
How can my Personal Librarian help me?Your PL will:
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs specifically for students, as well as with notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you