How can my Personal Librarian help me?
Remi Castonguay is Public Services Project Librarian at the Irving S. Gilmore Music Library. His role involves Web development, digitization projects, and providing reference and instruction services. He previously worked at the Frick Art Reference Library, Teachers College (Columbia), and LaGuardia Community College (CUNY). He recently completed a Masters degree in musicology, specializing in Jean-Baptiste Lully's music. He is originally from Montréal, Québec, Canada.
As a PL I will:
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs specifically for students, as well as with notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you