Tony wants to help you succeed in your studies.
Tony is the Hellenic Studies Librarian//Original Cataloging Team Leader at Sterling Memorial Library. His educational background is in classical languages but he has worked in the science, social science and arts areas for a number of years at the university. He is at the library Monday through Friday and would like you to stop by to say hello.
How can my Personal Librarian help me?Your PL will:
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs specifically for students, as well as with notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you