I am the Head of Collection Development in Manuscripts and Archives (MSSA), Sterling Memorial Library. If you are interested in Yale history--athletics, architecture, history of a student organization, writing for a student publication, or another topic, even for pleasure--this is the place to come. We have the most comprehensive collection of Yale publications in any library in the world. MSSA also holds vast resources of original manuscript materials on a host of subjects--environmental policy; urban planning; foreign policy; political and social thought and commentary; local and national lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender activism; etc. Our materials are used for class assignments, doctoral dissertations, books, and documentaries. If Yale does not have what you want, I may be able to help you find it elsewhere. I look forward to meeting you between now and when you graduate. In addition to regular work hours, I would be happy to meet with you during a meal in the Trumbull College Dining Hall. Enjoy your four years here at Yale!
How can my Personal Librarian help me?Your PL will:
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs specifically for students, as well as with notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources, and formulate your search strategies
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
- Assist you with finding information about Yale history, regardless if your interest is personal or academic
- Assist you with finding primary source materials (a diary, letters, photographs, and other manuscript items) at Yale (and even at other respositories) for a research paper. See http://www.library.yale.edu/mssa/about_collections.html
- Set up your computer (i.e. NetIDs, VPN)
- Do your research, make photocopies or write your paper for you
Residential College Affiliation:
Trumbull College (freshmen adviser and Executive Fellow)
Check with me via email or office telephone number.
Manuscripts & Archives, 150 SML, 128 Wall Street