Management System Procedures
As of January 2006, the Library’s course registration system
is administered with the University-wide Training Management System
(TMS). TMS provides Library Human Resources (LHR) with the capability
to manage the timeframe in which submitted courses get posted to
the website, course registration, and direct access to reports.
Course Submission & Posting
1. Submit course information via the Library Course Listing web
form located at: http://www.library.yale.edu/training/stod/coursepost.html.
This form will generate an automatic e-mail to: email@example.com.
2. Course information should be submitted 4-6 weeks in advance
of the actual session.
3. Course Listings received by 12 noon will be entered into TMS
by the end of the business day at 5pm.
4. Course Listings received after 12 noon will be entered into
TMS by 1pm of the next business day.
5. After entry into TMS, the trainer will be notified via e-mail
that the course is available on the Registration site for review.
When the trainer confirms that the posting is accurate, the session
will be added to the Library Training and Events Calendar with a
link to the registration page.
6. Generally, the trainer or sponsor of the course will announce
or publicize the session unless other
arrangements have been made.
Course Registration & Withdrawal
1. Library staff click on the Register button to sign up for a
course. The Login required window opens to sign in.* After the staff
member has successfully registered for a course, TMS will send an
automatic e-mail confirming enrollment. A system generated reminder
e-mail will be sent to the registered staff member the day before
2. In the event that a staff member is unable to attend a class
for which they have registered, a 24-hour notice of withdrawal is
expected. The staff member may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact LHR at 432-1810 to notify LHR of their inability to attend
the session for which they are registered.
3. If the course has a waitlist and there is a withdrawal, LHR
will notify the first person on the waitlist by phone to inform
them that a space is now available and ask if s/he is still interested
in attending. If the individual is unavailable, a voicemail message
will be left and an e-mail will be sent requesting that the staff
person contact LHR by the end of the day. If there is no response,
the second person on the waitlist will be contacted following the
* For staff with Windows XP operating systems, the security configuration
on Internet Explorer may prevent this window from opening. In this
case, click on Tools on the IE toolbar, then select Pop-up Blocker,
then Pop-up Blocker Settings… In Address of Website to Allow:
type, *.yale.edu This will activate the Add button. Click Add then
click Close. After following these steps, the Login required window
Class Rosters & Reports
1. Rosters will be sent to the class trainer by 2pm the business
day before the session.
2. Trainers are expected to have attendees sign the rosters and
to forward a copy of the signed roster to LHR after the session
has ended. LHR will date stamp the rosters when they arrive in the
office and mark the appropriate attendance flag (Attended, Withdrawn,
No Show) in TMS for each registered staff person or walk-in by the
end of the following business day. This step will provide trainers
with a record of attendees to conduct follow up when appropriate
and supervisors will be able to verify that a staff member did attend
3. Staff members will be able to access a copy of their training
transcript for Library courses that have been posted on the course
registration page via their own training page. Transcripts for Learning
Center course are also available on that site but appear on a different
4. LHR will provide reports on the number of training sessions
and total number of staff participating in Library training activities
on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.