If you believe you are a departmental Expert User, your name must appear on this list:
Each Department has been assigned a Web, Workstation & Digital Consulting Services Contact. You should contact your Contact for any help you might need supporting the workstations in your unit. The Contact list is here:
- Check that your anti-virus software and virus definitions are up to date. - Check Antivirus Software
- Securely share files and printers. - Secure File and Printer Sharing
- Install software from PCAmigo - PC Amigo on Staff Workstation.
- Find the name and IP Address of a workstation. - Inventory Information
- Setup printers and diagnose printer problems.
- Diagnose network problems, i.e. identify a dead ethernet port by swapping cables.
- Connect to departmental (tcp/ip) laser printers via the IP address of the printer.
- Verify that all Windows Updates have been applied to a workstation by using Windows Update.
- Check backups for workstations that are being backed up.
Check a TSM backup: http://www.yale.edu/adsm/ and Setup the PC for backup
- Create desktop shortcuts that are available to all users
- Confirm that spyware/toolbars might exist on a workstation (Hints: popup ads all the time, extra toolbars in IE, default homepage changed)
- Add users to a workstation
- Understand how to navigate through files and directories on a workstation using Windows Explorer
- How do I register a Library laptop for Wireless access or Ethernet roaming? - See instruction.
- The process of reporting system problems (checking system status page, voyager problem report, etc.)
- WW&DCS Searchable FAQ: WW&DCS FAQ